How to Tell If Your Car Needs a Wheel Alignment
Do you know what a wheel alignment is? Even the most mechanically oblivious individual can surmise this service involves the alignment of the wheel, right? Well, not so much. In fact, wheel alignment services have less to do with the wheels and more to do with your vehicle’s suspension.
At APA Total Car Care in Queen Creek AZ, we offer wheel alignment services for virtually all makes and models. As the premier wheel alignment shop, we use state-of-the-art equipment to perform fast and efficient wheel repair services. Don’t hesitate to reach out to the experts at APA Total Care in Queen Creek AZ for wheel alignment services. In the meantime, continue reading to learn more about the wheel alignment service.
What Is a Wheel Alignment?
Wheel alignment refers to the adjustment of the angles of your wheels, so they are parallel to each other and perpendicular to the ground. Wheel alignment services are an important part of vehicle maintenance that helps ensure you enjoy a safe, controlled, and efficient driving experience.
Why Are Wheel Alignment Services Important?
Here are some of the top reasons why you should have wheel alignment services as needed or as suggested by the manufacturer:
- Improved handling: Properly aligned wheels can help to improve your vehicle’s handling, which makes it easier to control and steer.
- Increased fuel efficiency: Properly aligned wheels experience less rolling resistance, which can help you save money on fuel.
- Extended tire life: Misaligned wheels can cause uneven tire wear and premature tire replacement. By having your wheels aligned, you can help extend the life of your tires and save money on replacement costs.
- Safer driving: Properly aligned wheels will make your vehicle more stable and easier to control, which can help you avoid accidents.
- Better ride quality: This integral preventative car maintenance service can help to reduce vibrations and noise for a more comfortable ride.
- Preserves suspension components: Misaligned wheels can cause excessive wear on suspension components, leading to more frequent repairs and replacements. However, you can prevent more expensive repairs by having regular wheel alignments.
Signs You Need Wheel Alignment in Queen Creek AZ
With so much riding on your wheels in Queen Creek AZ and its proper alignment, it’s imperative to keep everything straight and narrow. As such, it’s important you’re aware of the signs you need to visit a wheel alignment shop. If you answer yes to any of the following questions, you should visit the wheel alignment shop in Queen Creek AZ.
- Are you experiencing uneven or rapid tire wear? When your tires wear unevenly or wear out more quickly than normal, you may need wheel alignment services in Queen Creek AZ.
- Is your vehicle pulling to one side? If your vehicle tends to pull or drift to one side or the other — even when the steering wheel is centered — you may need wheel alignment services in Queen Creek AZ.
- Do you feel steering wheel vibration? If you feel a vibration in the steering wheel while driving, especially at higher speeds, you may need to visit a wheel alignment shop in Queen Creek AZ.
- Is your steering wheel crooked? When you’re driving straight, your steering wheel should do the same. But if your steering wheel is crooked when driving straight, your wheels are most likely misaligned.
- Do your tires squeal? Misaligned wheels can cause your tires to squeal when turning. It’s not just embarrassing — it can be dangerous and cause excessive wear and tear on the tires.
If you notice these signs, don’t hesitate to contact the mechanic at APA Total Car Care in Queen Creek AZ.
How Often Should I Have a Wheel Alignment?
When it comes to your wheel alignment, there are no hard and fast rules as to how often you should have it. However, your manufacturer does set guidelines. Most manufacturers suggest you have a wheel alignment at least once every 12,000 miles or once a year — whichever comes first. Outside of these general guidelines, the frequency in which you should have a wheel alignment can vary based on several factors, such as:
- Driving conditions,
- Road surfaces,
- Vehicle usage, and
- Types of tires used.
Specifically, if you regularly drive on uneven or rough roads or have frequent pothole encounters, you may need wheel alignment services more often. At the same time, towing heavy loads and venturing off the pavement to explore your own roads can cause extra strain on your wheels and suspension, which may require wheel alignment services more often. You should also proactively schedule wheel alignment services whenever you purchase new tires or have suspension components replaced.
Contact APA Total Car Care in Queen Creek AZ for the Best Wheel Alignment Services
While wheel alignment services are often overlooked and considered optional, this is a very important service. Your wheel alignment impacts your ability to maneuver, which may be a life-and-death matter if you’re in an accident. Simply put, don’t skip wheel alignment services! You have too much riding around on your wheels.
Contact the best wheel alignment shop in Queen Creek, AZ.
Complete our online contact form, give us a call at (480) 539-6872, or stop by to see us at 22325 S Scotland Court Suite 101, Queen Creek AZ 85142.